With warm temperatures arriving in our area, it’s time to start planning your spring projects. When guests come over, your driveway is the first thing that greets them. Make sure your home has maximum curb appeal by repaving or replacing your asphalt. Now is the ideal time to schedule asphalt work. At A&M Asphalt Paving, we offer asphalt paving in Columbia MD and the surrounding areas. We serve both commercial and residential clients.
Asphalt Paving in Spring
To correctly lay asphalt, warmer temperatures are ideal. The air temperature impacts how quickly the asphalt cools and affects the amount of time we have to lay the asphalt. If the temperature is too cool, the asphalt may dry before we have a chance to finish the job.
The thicker your asphalt, the cooler the acceptable temperature for asphalt work. For example, asphalt with a 1.5-inch thickness has a compaction time of 21 minutes in 70-degree temperatures. With asphalt that has a thickness of 3 inches, this compaction time increases to 60 minutes. At a temperature of 40 degrees, the 1.5-inch thick asphalt will compact in 16 minutes, while a 3-inch thick layer cures in 46 minutes.
Late spring is known for its warmer weather. These temperatures give us ample time to lay the asphalt without significantly prolonging the asphalt’s set up time.
Tips for Hiring a Contractor for Asphalt Paving in Columbia MD
When hiring a contractor, it’s essential to do a little research beforehand. Make sure that any potential contractors have experience with driveway paving and resurfacing. At A&M Asphalt Paving, we have over 30 years of experience providing a variety of paving services. Also, verify that the contractor is licensed and insured.
Avoid hiring contractors who go door-to-door claiming to have extra asphalt that they can offer you for a low price. Reputable asphalt paving companies don’t go door-to-door to procure business, and they rarely have leftover asphalt. You risk the contractor skipping out on the job or doing a shoddy job that won’t last.
Ready to get started on your asphalt paving? Contact us for a free estimate for your project. We offer reliable asphalt paving in Columbia MD and all over Howard County. Our services also include new asphalt construction, asphalt patching, and complete rip-out of an existing driveway.
When choosing a material for your business’ driveway or parking lot, you need something that is cost-effective. However, you also want good long-term value. Asphalt is one of the best options for paved surfaces for your business. The smooth, even surface makes a good impression on your customers.
Benefits of Asphalt Paving for Your Business
Some of the ways through which your business will benefit from asphalt paving include:
- Safety. Asphalt can be modified to prevent skidding and promote proper water drainage.
- Increased property value. Improving the look of your business’ exterior significantly increases the value of your property.
- Easy to maintain. Unlike other paving materials, it is fairly easy to touch-up asphalt every once in a while to keep it looking good. Keep up with regular seal coating, pothole repair, and promptly fill any cracks. Additionally, you will want to sweep away leaves and debris to keep it looking clean.
- Affordable. Asphalt is not only faster to install and easier to maintain, but it typically costs less compared to concrete pavements.
- Durability. If installed correctly and properly maintained, asphalt paving will last for decades to come. A well-built driveway can be used for many years before it needs major reconstruction.
- Recyclable. When worn out, old asphalt pavement can be excavated, crushed, and mixed with fresh asphalt for future paving projects. This reduces its environmental impact.
Why Choose A&M Paving?
A&M Paving builds and maintains asphalt paving in Columbia MD and the surrounding areas. We focus on improving your property’s value by installing, repairing, cleaning up, and maintaining your asphalt surfaces. Incorrect installation results in the pooling of water which erodes the substrates and creates air pockets. Therefore, it is very important that you get the installation done right the first time. We back each of our projects with 30 years of asphalt paving experience. We use the right equipment and employ a highly qualified staff. Contact us today for a free, no obligation quote.