Paved driveways offer homeowners an extra level of luxury that gravel or dirt could never match. For one thing, your car or truck will stay cleaner if it stays on a paved surface. In addition to keeping your vehicle cleaner, it also helps protect your yard from muddy puddles and damage from tire ruts. And your guests will applaud your choice to upgrade your drive. But many people have no idea how to start the process. Even worse, some people try to pave their driveway themselves or hire amateurs who promise professional results. For a job this important, you need to make sure to hire a state-licensed contractor to get the premium results you deserve.
Why Does My Contractor Need to Be Licensed?
Often, homeowners try to pinch pennies when choosing someone to complete household renovations. There are many good reasons to hire a licensed contractor to pave your driveway.
- Customer Protection: Being licensed by the state assures protection for the customer, in case something doesn’t go as planned. If your crew is unlicensed, you are on your own if damages are incurred or the job is left incomplete.
- Professional Experience: The state doesn’t just hand out licensing to anyone who applies. When you opt for a licensed contractor, you get a skilled professional who has been trained in the industry-approved techniques necessary for the task at hand.
- Proper Equipment: A licensed contractor won’t try to pave your driveway with substandard or makeshift equipment. Especially in small, tight areas, special machinery and tools may be needed to do the job right.
- Reliable Service: Unlike traveling amateur crews, a licensed contractor will be available after the work is finished. While you may save a few pennies using non-professionals, the cost you could encounter when a problem arises far outweighs the supposed savings.
Trust A & M Paving for a Beautifully Paved Driveway
When it comes to driveway paving in Columbia MD, no one knows more than A & M Paving. We stand behind our work, as we have for over 30 years. We offer a full range of asphalt services for your commercial or residential property, including:
- New Asphalt Construction
- Parking Lots & Drives
- Asphalt Resurfacing
- Complete Driveway Removal
- Asphalt Patching
- Driveway Seal Coating
- Snow Removal
Contact us today for a free, no obligation quote.