Did you know that maintaining your asphalt is the best way to prolong it? Or that spring is a great time to check it out and get any issues fixed? This is because in spring it can crack or have other damage from winter. By having a professional tidy up these issues now, it’ll be less you have to take care of in the future as they will worsen. Keep reading for some spring maintenance tips. And if you need driveway paving in Crofton, MD, don’t hesitate to reach out to A&M Asphalt Paving.
Tips for Spring Maintenance
- Take a good look at your asphalt. When the harsh weather that comes with winter is over, take note of any damage, big or small. Even if the issue is small, it’s a good idea to fix it immediately because water can penetrate it, freeze it, and cause even more damage. It can also weaken the asphalt so much that it collapses.
- If you have potholes, they are not only dangerous and can lead to people getting hurt, but are a complete eye-sore. Rather than having to deal with lawsuits and decreased curb appeal, you should call a professional to fix it.
- Next, you should sealcoat regularly as it’s the best way to maintain your asphalt. Avoid doing it yourself and call a professional so it’s efficient and long-lasting.
- Then, touch up the paint around the handicapped areas, speed bumps, loading zones, fire lanes, and parking spaces. It’ll not only contribute to a better-looking business, but it’ll show your customers you care about their safety.
- Finally, clear the edging. Weeds creep up through the asphalt and damage it in the process, leading to cracks and breaks. You can keep this under control by weeding and adding a curb to the edges of your asphalt.
Looking for Driveway Paving in Crofton, MD?
Discover A&M Asphalt Paving! We’re a fully licensed and insured paving company with over 30 years of experience serving clients for driveway paving in Crofton, Maryland. Our services include stone gravel driveways, new asphalt construction, snow removal, asphalt patching, grading and topsoil, asphalt re-surfacing, and complete driveway rip-out. For more information or for a free estimate, contact us today!